Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ahora decimos adios a Guatemala

The time has come to say goodbye to our lovely little Posadita Antigua. I know I speak for everyone in saying how excited we are to return home but I am really going to miss this place--especially the amazing staff. In the past week a few of us had the pleasure of hanging out with a few of them, hearing their stories, laughing about the language barrier and making up nicknames (or "sobrenombres"). I am so excited to be able to call them my friends and I can't wait to come back to my new home away from home.

It was incredible to me that we were able to build such awesome friendships despite the language differences. I have become extremely attached to everyone here, mostly just by smiling at one another each time we come and go through the front door. I am astounded by the care we received while here; care that goes above and beyond a typical hotel staff. They made special soup for a few of us when we were sick, passed us sweets through our bedroom windows, and by the end, pretty much knew what each of us liked for breakfast and how much milk to put in our coffee. 

I am going to miss it here but I am so thankful for my new friends- I can't help but start planning my trip back. ¡Hasta pronto Guatemala!
From left to right: Marcela (aka Chela), Mario (Nano), Walter Uno (La Loca), Luis (Sammy), Jamie (La Girafa), Me (Peque), Alfredo

No comments:

Post a Comment