Thursday, July 11, 2013

Making Juice

Yesterday I was accompanied by my lovely assistant Mara to make jugo (juice). It was for the 232 children who go to school at the Dreamer Center, the ANA's school. To make the juice you have to blend frozen fruit and pour it into a pot so big that I could be cooked in it! Depending on if it is berries or not, you have to strain the seeds. It was a lot of hard work, taking about 15 gallons of agua pura (clean water) to complete the job, but the process was very rewarding in the end! It was nice to feel like I was contributing to the nutrition of the students and that the work I was doing directly effected them, filling up their bellies! Here are some pictures of our jugo adventure!





Yum! Cantaloupe juice!

Mucho gusto!
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment